Tuesday, February 7, 2012

SEEING SPOTS

Since winter break was ending soon, I decided to go to the Gagosian Gallery to check out the Damien Hirst: The Complete Spot Paintings 1986-2011.

Here's the video link where the staff is setting up the huge spot painting:
http://www.gagosian.com/exhibitions/damien-hirst--january-12-2012-9




I think this is the first painting you see when you enter.

This one was huge.







Upstairs, there's a souvenir shop consist of Damien Hirst "Spot" stuff.
I wanted the coin pouch, but they were sold out as in-store. Still available online though.

Decided to buy 2 button pins and a keychain. The keychain doesn't even have like some kind of marking to indicate it's Damien Hirst keychain. I feel like I got ripped off... (See the pictures at the end of this post)

Of course, the gallery has the Damien Hirst x Supreme "Spot" skateboard decks complete set.
I remember when they released. There were actual art/Damien Hirst collectors lined up and asking people walking out with them if they were going sell them. I think right of the bat, one person sold 1 deck for $300 easily.

Smaller paintings; signed and numbered.

I like this one.

I don't know about this one...

When I was on the way down, I noticed that there's more paintings on the other side. Haha.








Yeah, yeah, yeah.... I wore a Damien Hirst x Supreme shirt and Converse just to take a picture with one of the spot paintings. Haha.


I ended up buying a few souvenirs except the spot card.

No comments: